Monday, November 3, 2014

October 14'

BUSY!
On the Landlord Front...
October 4th we had a new renter move into the condo but not before we had a long list of repairs, painting, carpet cleaning etc... to take care of. We got them all moved in and settled just in time to get notice from the renter in the house to let us know she would be leaving in November! Luckily the house rents fast and was only on the market for 5 days but not without all the texts, phone calls, emails and showing the property on our lunch hours and after work. Our new renters seem very nice so we're looking forward to "no news is good news!"
At Work...
Erik has been busy with his new responsibilities as the Department Lead. They are working on hiring a new tech in addition to working with the two existing techs to get them up to speed.
The new home business has been busy in our territory. Jennifer, Rachel and I have all stayed very busy seeing new buyers in Valencia and Playa Vista, training a new studio consultant for Playa Vista, as well as specing (new home lingo for picking the options for homes that will be built with no buyer, yet) homes for our quarter end in November. Oh and they just gave us the responsibility to audit our own files now so we'll have PLENTY to do!
The Kids...
Ethan and Jadyn are busy with all the usual... School, homework, martial arts, dance, birthday parties, playdates, Fall Break (what the heck is Fall Break anyway?!) and of course sleepovers at the grandparents. Erik and I wish we were that kind of busy! :)

37th Birthday
Somewhere in the chaos of the month I celebrated my 37th birthday. Maybe "celebrated" is the wrong word. I FEEL OLD! I'll probably wish I hadn't said that when I'm 65 but I'm really starting to wonder how the years have gone by. I worked on my birthday but everyone made it a truly nice day. I had a decorated desk, a card and goodies from my coworkers, and mom and Billy stopped by with donuts, flowers, balloons and a card just as my first appointment arrived. In the evening Erik and I enjoyed a nice quite dinner at Sabor followed by a walk around Bridgeport.  We topped it off with a trip to Yogurtland, I got Birthday Cake with Cheesecake crumbles:)
And I can't forget my birthday present, a new laptop! My computer has been slowly dying so Erik picked out my new laptop. I love it! It's like lighting compared to my old one!

First Trip in an Ambulance (everyone is fine:)
Well with everything going on over the last few months apparently my head had enough. I haven't had a migraine in almost 2 years but I got 2 in one day. The second one was a real doozy! It woke me up about 12am, my head was pounding, I was nauseous, my hands and lip went numb, I couldn't walk a straight line or put together a sentence to save my life! Erik called the Kaiser nurses line and after "talking" to me via speaker phone they told him to call 911. I wasn't very coherent but Erik tells me there were about 5-6 firemen/paramedics in our room. I was taken to Henry Mayo via ambulance and after an IV of some migraine medicine/benedryl (which made me feel even more loopy) I was released about 3am. Luckily Grama Jean and Papa came right over to stay with the kids so they never even knew what happened. It made for an eventful night and a really exhausting Friday since Erik and I had to get up and go to work the next day.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
THREE Elsa's, a Ninja and Olaf! Elsa was the popular costume this year. Without knowing it Jadyn, Lillian and Addie all picked the same character :) Grama Jean did a great job on Jadyn's dress and made the red sheath for Ethan's ninja costume. Erik's company had a Walking Dead themed Halloween. The kids weren't too excited about his costume (little to creepy!) but he did a great job.
We went Trick-or-Treating in our own neighborhood for the first time ever! We had the "ceremonial" pizza and then headed out with the Leclair's, Uncle Kurt and Grama Jean.

Jadyn's Dance Class Halloween Party. 4 Elsa's
Erik's Halloween Gnome, Jadyn's Hello Kitty and Ethan's Minecraft Creeper
3 Elsa's , Olaf and a Ninja
                        Jadyn and Ethan                                             Lillian and Jadyn :)

Erik getting killed at work...


0 comments: