November Stuff...
Wallpaper
I've had wallpaper for Ethan and our room picked out for, oh... about a year and we finally got it put up! The lady (Peg) who hung it was fantastic! It took her almost 7 hours since Ethan's was on a diagonal and ours had a very specific match but it came out great. We also added a new light fixture a few months ago. Hopefully we'll have a few more improvements done before the end of the year.
Green Eggs and Ham
I thought we would have some fun for dinner...They actually really liked it and so did we :)
We don't make it to many games since they are on Sunday evenings but hot chocolate and banana bread in your pj's makes it even more fun:) I couldn't get a good picture of Erik but they won :)
Shopping!
Jadyn and I went shopping for her Thanksgiving/Christmas Eve/Christmas/Nut Cracker/New Years outfit. We stopped at Starbucks and she had hot chocolate and snowman donut, yummy!
Erik...
If you notice, he's wearing different shirts... That means these were taken on 2 different nights and it's a regular occurrence. Those are his Harry Potter glasses and gloves sticking out of his running beanie.
Wednesday Night Dinners at Grama Jean and Papa's
Always good food and this time some video games and chillin' in a box.
Grama Jean's Birthday
Friday, November 6th we celebrated Grama Jean's Birthday. We sent flowers to her work and everyone met for dinner at Mimi's Cafe that night. The kids were especially excited about the cookie cake we made. Grama Jean likes "The Big Bang Theory" so I borrowed a cake idea I had seen on a friends Facebook post :)
Santa Clarita 5k
Sunday, November 8th we all ran the Santa Clarita 5k with Vicki and The Lande's. The kids weren't too excited to get up at 6am but they had a great time! Vicki ran with the Ethan's (Ethan L and our Ethan) and Bart and Angee walked with Jadyn and Reese. Jadyn and Reese apparently had the best time ever and yapped the whole time about different ways to not finish the race :)
Torey: 23:46 Since I was getting over being sick I wasn't as fast as I wanted. I got edged out of placing in my division by 5 seconds!
Erik: 23:59 Awesome! Especially since he only runs about 2.5 miles 3 days a week.
Ethan: 29:18 Almost a minute per mile faster than his last 5k!
Jadyn: 43:34 Had the best time ever talking with Reese the whole way but finished pink cast and all!
Some of my favorite quotes from the race...
Torey: "So how fast are you going to run Ethan?"
Ethan: " As fast and I can because I'm the Gingerbread Man!"
Reese to Jadyn as they are walking and plotting ways to not finish the race...: "Jadyn should we take the van or the limo?"
Jadyn: "We should take the van so we can turn on the music, stand up and dance!"
Let's get ready to Run!
Ethan and Vicki at the finish line!
Angee and Jadyn at the finish!
So stinkin' cute! Jadyn and Reese
Ethan L, Vicki and Ethan. Great job boys! and Comrade Vivki:)
The whole gang! Bart, Angee, Torey, Erik, Vicki, Ethan L Ethan, Reese and Jadyn
Jadyn's Class Project
Jadyn's class project was to create a product and choose a way to advertise it. She came up with the idea of a "Peanut Pop". It's a a peanut shaped peanut butter and chocolate ring pop that you can snack on :) She also wanted to use sock puppets for the the commercial. Pretty Funny :)
Broken Arm Update
I took Jadyn in to have her cast taken off on Thursday, November 19th after having it on for 8 weeks. unfortunately the x-rays showed that the breaks in one of the bones haven't healed enough to remove the cast so they had to do a new cast for at least 3 more week :( She picked pink again...
Jadyn's 2nd Grade Play
Jadyn had her 2nd grade play "Turkey's On Strike" the same day as her doctors appointment. She was sad she had to go back to school that night with a new cast on. She's such a happy excited little girl all the time but put her in a class play were they have to sing and she looks miserable EVERY time! She was very excited to go to Soup Plantation after the show :)
Dodger Stadium
Sunday, November 22nd Erik, Kurt, Ethan and his buddy Trey got to go to Dodger Stadium for a "Season Ticket Holders Day". Grama Jean and Papa had Alexa and Olivia that day so Jadyn went over and played with the girls while all the b0ys got to enjoy the Dodger Stadium Event. They did a tour of the clubhouse, media room, locker rooms, dugout, field etc..., had lunch and Uncle Kurt bought Ethan a Dodger hat that he rarely takes off :)
I got some alone time at home so I did a few chores and worked on the blog book :)
LA Auto Show
"Kids, there are at LEAST three things in life that you can miss school for... Legoland, Disneyland and the Car Show!"
Bubba and I always like the Aston Martin. He's liked the Corvette the last 2 years and I just want a Lexus for every day of the week! Jadyn liked the Kia Optima last year but was on board with the Lexus GS this year, I guess we can keep her:) Ethan wants to buy a truck, any truck (he must get that from Erik).
LA Auto Show
"Kids, there are at LEAST three things in life that you can miss school for... Legoland, Disneyland and the Car Show!"
Bubba and I always like the Aston Martin. He's liked the Corvette the last 2 years and I just want a Lexus for every day of the week! Jadyn liked the Kia Optima last year but was on board with the Lexus GS this year, I guess we can keep her:) Ethan wants to buy a truck, any truck (he must get that from Erik).
Ethan driving the van. He turned his hat backwards just for the picture.
Dancing in the back of the van and hangin' with the hamster at Kia.
Audi. We call this a "trunk shot".
Ford always has the coolest chairs! And that's about it :)
Mommy's driving with no hands!
Ethan's not having the Bubba Photobomb
Kia Sedona minivan. ALMOST made me want to buy one, for a second.
What?! That's a big trunk! Chevy Suburban with 4 rows!
It might be 2017 when I buy the 2015 but I'm getting one! Lexus GS
Dancing in the back of the van and hangin' with the hamster at Kia.
Audi. We call this a "trunk shot".
Ford always has the coolest chairs! And that's about it :)
Mommy's driving with no hands!
Ethan's not having the Bubba Photobomb
Kia Sedona minivan. ALMOST made me want to buy one, for a second.
What?! That's a big trunk! Chevy Suburban with 4 rows!
It might be 2017 when I buy the 2015 but I'm getting one! Lexus GS
I would buy one of these if we didn't have kids and had 90k to burn. Lexus RC
Bubba had picked Roscoe's as part of his Christmas gift the day of the Auto Show. Way better and less expensive than convention center food! Ethan ate a whole waffle and they split a BIG piece of chicken. Bubba got eggs, biscuit, potatoes and waffle, we shared and it was all good :)
Happy Thanksgiving
It was another wonderful Thanksgiving. We have so much to be thankful for. We went for a morning walk up the trail, made 2 dozen deviled eggs and Jadyn and I made apple roses for the first time. We dropped a few eggs and roses off at Honey and Bubba's house. They stayed home this year since Bubba wasn't feeling well.
We spent the day at Grama Jean and Papa's house with Uncle Kurt, Sharon Ann, Heather, Scott, Chloe and Logan. It took eating together at the kids table to get the kids to interact but it was laps around the house playing tag after that! Of course the food was all fabulous and we ate too much but it was worth it!
We spent the day at Grama Jean and Papa's house with Uncle Kurt, Sharon Ann, Heather, Scott, Chloe and Logan. It took eating together at the kids table to get the kids to interact but it was laps around the house playing tag after that! Of course the food was all fabulous and we ate too much but it was worth it!




0 comments:
Post a Comment