Friday, November 6, 2015

October 15'


Yap Weekend
For the 7th year in row I got to enjoy a fabulous 5 day / 4 night girls weekend (previously scrap weekend) with Leah, Jessica, Joetta and all the wonderful ladies who come for this incredible, relaxing and fun filled gathering. I am so grateful for Joetta who organizes these weekends:)
Leah and I enjoyed breakfast at The Egg Plantation Wednesday morning before heading out to Carlsbad for our pre-weekend adventure. We made it extra eventful by getting pulled over 2.5 miles from our destination and receiving a "fix-it" ticket for the tinted front windows (that I've had for 9 years) on Eor (the Acura). None-the-less we made it to Carlsbad by the Sea Resort and spent the day getting pedicures, shopping, having dinner and relaxing at the hotel all evening. The next morning we enjoyed our complementary breakfast, made a quick stop at Wal-Mart and arrived at the Rabbit Hill Ranch (this years fabulous venue.) It was a weekend full of catching up, working on projects, eating fabulous food and relaxing. I was able to get through about 1 1/2 years of converting the blog into a "year book", I enjoyed a wonderful massage, went for a few walks and yapped with all the ladies.
While I was off enjoying my weekend the kids stayed with Honey and Bubba for a few nights. Erik took a few days off to relax and picked up the kids Friday. He had Patrick and the girls (Lillian and Addisyn) over for ribs and a sleepover on Saturday night and managed to have the house all clean (laundry, dishes and even vacuumed) for when I came home Sunday afternoon! I am so lucky to have such an awesome husband!

Getting a "fix-it" ticket from a rude highway patrol officer
View from our balcony at the Carlsbad by the Sea Resort

Back: Joetta, Torey, Elaine, Mary, Sue, Jane, Susan, Melinda, Jessica
Front: Leah, Betty, Caroline, Solveig, Joan, Lora and Judy

Leah, Torey, Joetta and Jessica
I don't know?!
Don't ask what kind of Poker game this is!
Leah, Jessica and my desk space this year
Jessica and I had the top bunks. Leah and Mary had the bottom
View from the porch

38th Birthday
All I can say is HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONTH to me! After coming back from Yap weekend I had birthday dinners at Jean and Carl's, Lyfe Kitchen with Honey and Bubba, Solita (good Mexican and watermelon margarita) with Erik and at home on my actual birthday (Erik barbecued pork chops, yummy)! That's a lot of birthday food!
Erik and the kids surprised me with a picture scavenger hunt that lead to Craig Ferguson tickets for Erik and I in December! Can't wait, we loved watching his Late Late Show!
My co-worker/friend Rachel decorated my desk and got me a bottle of margarita from Trader Joe's (my favorite)! Yvette got me a really cool electric candle that smells like the ocean (in Hawaii).

Ethan Play Date
Ethan and I had a Sunday Play Date for a few hours on October 25th. We try to do mini "dates" with the kids from time to time so I took Ethan to Mountasia for some go carts, batting cages and air hockey. I really wanted him to drive the go-cart but he didn't want to go alone and they wouldn't let him drive with me as a passenger so I drove. We still had fun but he's driving next time! We played air hockey games, we ended up tied 1-1-1. We had lunch at In n Out (Ethan's new favorite).

Happy Halloween!
Ignisis had Halloween lunch from the Habit and almost everyone dressed up on Friday, the 30th. 
On Saturday Erik got the kids dressed and took them to Grama Jean and Papa's for Topper's pizza and pictures before we went out to Trick or Treat. We had friends and cousins this year! The Leclair's joined us again and Brian, Olivia and Alexa came this year too!
Once again Grama Jean out did herself on the costumes. Jadyn helped design her witch costume but the gem centered spider on her hat and the shoes really put it over the top! Ethan was Ron from Harry Potter and picked Erik (Harry Potter) to dress up and run around the neighborhood with him. They stuck with everyone for a few houses, then took off running and didn't look back! They collected 7 lbs of candy between the two of them! Jadyn ended up with a little over 3 pounds!
After the festivities and fun in Circle J Ranch we had one more house, Grama Honey and Bubba's!
Back: Ted, Jon, TK, Bridgette, Scott, Jesse, Erik
Front: Paula, Danielle (Scott's daughter), Susan
 Jadyn the Witch
 Addisyn, Alexa, Olivia, Jadyn and Lillian
Jasmine, Train conductor, Elsa, Witch, Ron, Alice in Wonderland, The White Witch of Narnia 
 The whole gang. The Leclair's, Coger's and Jegel's

0 comments: