Sunday, May 3, 2020

April 20'

Another month of quarantine...
Monday thru Friday the kids get up at 8am, have breakfast and start their school work. I'm usually back from my walk or run and in the front office Sunday thru Thursday (and sometimes Friday and Saturday, it's still VERY busy) by 7:30 - 8am and Erik is off to work by 7:30 or so Monday thru Friday, his company seems determined not to let anyone work from home.
The kids and I take walks during lunch breaks, do house work, have an hour of game time and start dinner in the afternoon. At least their learning to maintain the house :)
On Saturday Erik and I do our "training run/walk". We're supposed to do half marathons in Las Vegas and Bryce Canyon, if they aren't canceled.

KB "Stay at home" family picture

Quarantine Tailgate Coffee Night
Jen, Leah and I met for coffee in the parking lot just above our usual Starbucks. 
Mad mom's in minivans (and an SUV) hangin', more than 6' apart :)

Driving with the kids
The industrial parks make a great place to practice with no buisnesses open or people on the road :)

Happy Easter! 
Easter was definitely different but fun none-the-less. The kids egg hunt was inside since it was a bit cold out. Erik smoked a chicken, we made cinnamon rolls, deviled eggs (which we ate in front of the grandparents on Skype) and amazing chocolate chips cookies!
Made them wait at the top of the stairs, just like when they were little ;)
                       Jadyn is on the hunt!            Ethan got distracted, by a staple remover :)
Don't let him fool you, he loves it!
Ok, now he LOVES it!
Jadyn got a new art set.                        Dad smoked a chicken
Easter walk: I don't think that's how it goes, Ethan

School pictures
Friday, April 24th we went and picked up Jadyn's school belongings. It's hard to believe she won't go back to school at Emblem since she'll be in junior high next year!

Ethan only got in a few preseason matches as the JV captain, glad he has 2 more years!
He's the giant one in the back in case you missed him!

Happy Birthday Honey
Thursday, April 30th was Grama Honey's birthday. We had Dario's Mexican delivered for dinner and brought "dessert in the driveway."

               Dinner from Dario's                  Cake Bouquet from Jare and Meaghan

In Other News...
Erik is always joking that he's happy to cut my hair since I cut his, so I let him! No pictures but he did a pretty good job! I got to cut Jadyn's :)
 

Back in March we all decided on "April Fools" resolutions...
Jadyn: Stop biting her nails. - Getting better!
Ethan: Wash his hands with less soap. - Getting better!
Torey: Stop using the My Fitness Pal App and counting calories. - Haven't opened the app all month,  "Gettin' fat n sassy" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsfjKkdw1Cs
Erik: Drink less wine. - Does it count if you just switch to Rum? :)

0 comments: