Saturday, August 1, 2020

July 20'

Happy 4th of July / Birthday Celebration
Saturday, July 4th we had a combined 4th of July/birthday celebration for Alexa and Olivia at Grama Jean and Papa's house.

Ethan in his element... Setting things on fire
Grama Jean likes the smell of snakes but I don't think the kids agree

Bryce Canyon, Utah
Wednesday, July 8th after dinner we headed out in our Cruise-America RV for Primm/State-line! It was a long 5 hour drive but we got a little shut-eye in the outlet mall parking lot and hit the road at 6am the next day.
Primm Outlets for the night
Pilot and co-pilots

I know it's only 7am but I've never seen the Strip this empty
Made it!
Bryce City
S'mores!
Kids loved their beds

Friday, July 10th we did a 4 mile trail ride. Jadyn got a mule named Bonnie, Ethan: Keystone, Torey: Yellowjacket and Erik got Porky :) Our guide Hank was great!

After our ride we ventured to Bryce Point and then headed to the town of Tropic to pick up our race packets for the half marathon!

Saturday, July 11th Erik and I got up for the 6 am start time of the Bryce Canyon Half Marathon. Beautiful run/walk! Finished in 2:16:14 and had some serious shin splints the next day due to the 1800 ft elevation drop, mostly in the first 5 miles.
Just before sunrise at the starting line
 
 Sunrise Point/Rim Trail in Bryce Canyon

Sunday, July 12th we got up for the 6:17am sunrise before hitting the road home. Definitely worth the view and got to see a few deer as an added bonus!

Day Trip: Carpinteria Rincon Trail
Erik and I decided to escape the heat and drove to Carpinteria for the day while the kids got to hang out with their cousins at Grama Jean and Papa's. 

NEW JOB!
Well, push came to shove and a girls' gotta work so I accepted a position as a Design Consultant with 3 Day Blinds. It wasn't what I was thinking but this year has been upside down for everyone so I guess it's time to try something new! I start training August 10th, same week the kids start school, at home.

Sunflower from the Leclair's front yard, just because :)

0 comments: